Retirement planning is concerned with the allocation of one’s savings and income; an area we here at Ashfords are well-versed in. We take great enjoyment out of helping our clients reach financial independence. This is achieved not just by investing accordingly, but also by establishing a bespoke tax management strategy.
We are experienced in helping clients meet their retirement goals, no matter if they are planning to retire in the near-future, or are still in the prime of their career but wanting to develop a long-term plan toward financial independence
Our retirement planning services will help you:
- Prepare for retirement
- Generate retirement wealth
- Ensure you obtain the maximum tax and social security benefits
- Secure your assets
- Create an apt income stream to supplement your retirementmore, Ashfords can provide projections on your income, cashflow and tax position, as well as current and future expenditure. Doing so helps you more intimately understand your savings capacity.
What’s more, Ashfords can provide projections on your income, cashflow and tax position, as well as current and future expenditure. Doing so helps you more intimately understand your savings capacity.
Inherent to any sound retirement plan is a robust, structured investment strategy.
Ashfords’ investment advice considers the investment timeframe, purpose for investment, individual risk tolerance, macroeconomic conditions, market cycles, and effective tax management.
Our team has access to a wide range of investments which include cash accounts, term deposits, bond funds, managed funds, ASX-listed equities, exchange traded funds (ETFs), international investments, and property trusts.
Insurance is a proven, crucial element of the financial planning process; providing financial security for not only you, but your family and business.
We pride ourselves on not being aligned to any one insurance provider. This allows us to provide you with independent advice on a range of personal insurance including:
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)
- Trauma insurance (aka critical illness insurance)
- Business insurance
Ashfords can assist you in selecting the most appropriate insurance options and providers. Additionally, we can regularly review your insurance cover to ensure it remains suited to your ongoing needs.
Of course, we are also there in the event of a claim. In what are often understandably difficult times, we at Ashfords pride our self on our availability for clients during these events. We are able to represent you and liaise with the insurer to facilitate the assessment of your claim.
Placing a family member into an aged care facility is understandably a major decision. Unfortunately, this process is often overwhelming and confusing for people.
Ashfords Wealth Advisory offers expert advice in relation to aged care. Here are some examples of services our team have grown accustomed to providing clients in this regard:
- Advising on the affordability of care
- Explaining facilities costs (e.g., initial vs. ongoing daily charges, income tested)
- Suggesting alternate funding options for accommodation bonds
- Maximising government benefits and entitlements
- Minimising aged care fees
- Preserving available capital
Once you’ve reached ‘Age Pension’ age and, provided you meet basic eligibility conditions, you may be entitled to receive a pension from the Commonwealth Government to assist your retirement.
Given the number of variables that need to be considered, assessing the associated eligibility criteria is often a daunting, complicated task.
Centrelink assess any entitlement to the pension under the ‘Incomes Test’ and the ‘Assets Test’. However, they apply the test which produces the least entitlement.
Ashfords is able to provide an assessment of your potential benefits. We can then work with you to develop potential strategies to reduce your assessable asset or income totals, thereby enhancing your pension entitlement.
Estate planning is an important, necessary subsector of financial planning.
With so much attention often given to wealth creation, it can be easy for individuals to go too long without planning how their wealth will be transferred to their children and/or grandchildren. Should estates be ignored altogether, the costs for family members – emotionally and financially – can be astronomically high.
Given estate planning often overlaps with matters relating to personal insurance, as well as investment- and superannuation-based strategies, our Ashfords Wealth Advisory team will work with you and your solicitor (and/or accountant) to develop strategies that best preserve and distribute your wealth.
A comprehensive estate plan may include any combination of a:
- A Legal Will – This ensures your wishes are clearly documented for your executor and beneficiaries
- Power of Attorney – This document formally appoints someone to look after your finances in the event of a ‘legal incapacity’. Eg loss of mental capacity, whether temporary or permanent.
- Testamentary Trusts – This may be built into your Will and lie dormant until you pass on. Testamentary trusts can provide certainty and tax efficiency for a surviving family in the event of an early death.
- Enduring Guardianship – An enduring guardian is a person who makes certain lifestyle and medical decisions on your behalf, in the event of totally or partial incapacity.
Estates can be complex and the costs of not having an appropriate and comprehensive plan in place can be extremely high.